Dr Richard Fleming
- Cataract Surgery
- General Adult Ophthalmology including:-
Diabetic Eye Disease
Retinal Vein Occlusions
- Consulting at North Adelaide, Glenelg and Victor Harbor
- Operating at Calvary North Adelaide, Glenelg Community Hospital, South Coast District Hospital
(private and public patients)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Member of the Australian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (AUSCRS)
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- K.G. Howsam Medal 1998 for excellence in Fellowship examination
- Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- SA RANZCO Branch Committee Member
Dr Richard Fleming has been working in ophthalmology for over 20 years. An Adelaide University medical graduate, he completed his ophthalmology training in Sydney and Adelaide in 2000.
He has a busy private practice with rooms at North Adelaide, Glenelg and Victor Harbor. He operates at Glenelg Community Hospital, Calvary Hospital (North Adelaide) and South Coast District Hospital at Victor Harbor where he is a Senior Visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist.
Dr Fleming was a Senior Visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and a Clinical Lecturer in the Department of Surgery at the University of Adelaide from 2001 until 2017.
He spent 17 years teaching and training ophthalmology registrars. He has taken part in teaching trips to Vietnam for Sight For All. He has served on the National RANZCO Continuing Professional Development Committee from 2005 to 2011. He has also served as Secretary of the South Australian RANZCO Branch.